Advent assembly presentations – school visits
It was fantastic joy and privilege to be able to visit schools with our Advent themed assembly presentation. Three teams managed to visit 29 primary schools and present around 35 assemblies during November and December.
Over 20 months have passed since we were last able to visit schools in person with our assemblies, so, team members were thrilled to be able to share the important Advent message of getting ready for Jesus! And what a warm welcome we had from staff and students. Staff welcomed us back as ‘special friends.’ Whilst children could be seen with big smiles of recognition and heard to say, ‘I saw you on TV!’ (A reference to the videos that we have been able to produce for schools)
For team members it was great to be able to work alongside one another in rehearsing, and journey together from school to school with a coffee or two along the way. Thankfully we soon got into the swing of things despite worries we may not be able to remember lines!
It was a special time and at the end of it all one team commented…’it made me remember why I love doing GenR8 so much.’
Here’s a few highlights from the tour:
- Very warm welcomes from reception, staff, and children.
- Each school feeling covid safe.
- After a 2-year gap it was wonderful to see children joining in so enthusiastically.
- A spontaneous Q&A session at one school including ‘How old is Jesus?’.
- The encouragement of so many schools commenting on using our Connect and Reflect videos.
- Our first outdoor assemblies! (thankfully on one of the less windy days!)
- Being live streamed to other classes.
I just wanted to extend our thanks for coming into ‘our school’ this morning. The children loved the Assembly and have been chatting about it all morning. Thank you for once again bringing in some festive cheer to our school whilst maintaining our Covid guidelines. We just love your visits.
Have a wonderful Christmas, stay safe and we look forward to seeing you in the new year.
Please do thank your team as the children and staff thoroughly enjoyed the assembly. Thank you for the other material and for the prayer space. We do appreciate the time spent on these resources.