In addition GenR8 offers other activities directly to schools as well as providing support and encouragement to churches in their work with schools and primary age children.
- To present the Christian faith to primary school age children in partnership with local churches and Christian volunteers.
- To work in partnership with local schools to promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- To communicate Christian values and themes with integrity and sensitivity.
- To present a positive image of the Christian faith and the Bible.
- To equip, inspire and enthuse children’s leaders, local Christian volunteers and churches in their work with children and schools.
- Creativity – GenR8 aims to communicate creatively in a fun, lively and educational way.
- Faith – GenR8 members share a common faith that is central to all that GenR8 does.
- Good Practice – GenR8 aims to implement and communicate good practice throughout our administration, procedures and face-to-face work.
- Hope – GenR8 aims to bring good news through the message we give and in our relationships with others.
- Integrity – GenR8 aims to have integrity, striving for openness and truthfulness in every aspect of our work.
- Partnership – GenR8 aims to operate in partnership with schools, churches, and other relevant organisations, in order to work towards common goals.
- Respect – GenR8 recognises the worth and creativity of each individual, of all faiths and none. We believe in the importance of demonstrating this by caring for and valuing one another.
- Service – GenR8 recognises the value of giving back to God and to others through service, using each individual’s gifts and talents. We strive to be good stewards of the resources that we have been given.
- Teamwork – GenR8 recognises the contribution of all of its staff and volunteers: there is something special about people coming together with a shared vision. Working as part of a GenR8 team brings laughter, friendship and mutual support.
- Working Ecumenically – GenR8 actively seeks to work ecumenically and is open to volunteers of all Christian denominations. We aim to communicate a positive message of Christians working together.
GenR8 wants to bring quality, creative and dynamic input into schools and churches so that:
- Every generation has the opportunity to make an informed choice about the Christian message and not write Christianity off without looking at it.
- Children see that there is a relevance to Christianity, that it can make a difference to their lives.
- Children get a positive image of the Christian faith.
- Children who are already Christian feel supported in their faith.
- Children can come into and develop their friendship with God, and understand and experience that following Jesus is anything but dull and boring!